Jaylec are Australia’s leading automotive electrical supplier. Bringing reliable and cost effective solutions to the aftermarket. With a proven track record and motorsport involvement, Jaylec is emerging from being known in the trade to being known by the Australian public.
The charging system has three major components.
The Battery, Alternator, and the Regulator.
• The alternator works together with the battery to supply power when the vehicle is running.
• The output of an alternator is direct current, however AC voltage is actually created and then converted to DC as voltage leaves the alternator on its way to the battery and the electrical loads.
Understanding the Alternator
• Four wires connect the alternator to the rest of the charging system.
• The alternator output wire that supplies current to the battery.
• The ignition input that turns on the alternator/regulator assembly.
• The regulator to monitor charging voltage at the battery.
• The wire the regulator uses to ground the charge warning lamp.